Mystery Ranch Metcalf: The King of bivy hunting backpacks.
Note:Mystery Ranch recently discovered and is actively trying to shut down phishing websites posing as Mystery Ranch dealers offering outrageous sale prices. These illegitimate sites operate with the intent to harvest your personal and financial information. If you visit the Mystery Ranch Authorized Dealer Locator and do a search for either 80422 or Black Hawk, Colorado, you will see that basin + bend is an authorized Mystery Ranch retailer stocking genuine Mystery Ranch product.
The upgraded METCALF is a versatile workhorse with enough volume for a week in the field but compressible enough for an afternoon stalk. Built on Mystery Ranch's Guide Light MT™ Frame, the METCALF has ample heavyweight capacity, and the OVERLOAD® feature keeps bag contents clean when packing out game. With a detachable lid, dual stretch-woven side pockets and full-length side zip access, this pack is a favorite among hunters looking for versatility and all-around utility.
Mystery Ranch Metcalf Backpack Features Review:
- The new GUIDE LIGHT MT™ FRAME (Mystery Tech) continues the load carriage tradition of the tried- and-true GUIDE LIGHT FRAME™ and its rigid yet dynamic frame system, but with a few discrete changes. Utilizing custom-developed SJ Autolock buckles throughout, this new hardware collection provides the perfect blend of strength and weight. The 500D Light Plus fabric delivers high tensile and tear resistance, key characteristics for a robust, purpose-driven hunting frame.
- OVERLOAD® feature provides functional expandability via a load sling between the pack and the frame, allowing you to put the bulk of the weight closest to your back for optimal comfort.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- The five-point waist belt incorporates the highly functional Redirect system and delivers solid weight distribution and eliminates slippage over your hips, regardless of the load.
- Autolock buckles prevent slippage
- Removable lid with zippered pockets
- Bottom, front and side compression straps
- Top-loading shroud
- Side water bottle, rifle or tripod pockets
- Bow and rifle carry via compression straps
- Quick attach frame cap hardware provides easier Overload® feature conversion
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Telescoping yoke for custom torso fit
- Side zip for easy access to main bag
- Interior Removable Quick Attach Zoid Bag attachment points (Zoid Bag sold separately)
Mystery Ranch Metcalf Specs
Volume: 4335 cu-ins / 71L
Frame System: Guide Light MT Frame
Material: 500D LP Cordura & 500D Cordura (Subalpine)