Part of our mission here at basin + bend is to keep you up to date with conservation related issues and show you how you can stay involved to protect what you love.
Yesterday was the 4th of July. How many of you spent at least part of your day on public lands? We certainly did, and we're guessing quite a few of you did too.
Last week U.S. Senator and reputed short-lister for the Supreme Court nomination, Mike Lee, outlined a three-part plan to privatize your public lands. As he explained in this tweet, his plan is simple: sell off the public lands that give you unparalleled opportunities to not only hunt and fish, but to also climb, mountain bike, trail run, kayak, 4-wheel, and any other recreational activity you enjoy on YOUR 640 million remaining acres.
- Send a letter asking your own members of Congress to stand with basin + bend and BHA in opposing any sale, transfer or seizure of your public lands.
- Spread the word on social media, tagging Senator Lee and using the hashtags #keepitpublic and #publiclandowner
- Call Mike Lee's office at 202-224-5444 and let him know your stance on public lands
- Join us in emailing Mike Lee's Chief of Staff and Legislative Director letting them know that this type of legislation doesn't represent your desired use for public lands.
Chief of staff: Allyson Bell Allyson_Bell@lee.senate.gov
Legislative Director: Christy Woodruff - Christy_Woodruff@lee.senate.gov
- Become a member of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers; the sportsman’s voice for your wild public lands, waters and wildlife.
We hope you'll stand with us and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers in taking action to make sure the recent bills proposed by Sen. Mike Lee do not get traction and become a reality.
Thank you for joining the fight to #keepitpublic!