Their core is combined with a special coating that creates just the right blend of strength and suppleness. This allows a perfectly dead drifted fly to entice the most wary trout, while maintaining the strength needed to bring the fish to net. A Hydrophobic coating keeps the nylon from absorbing water throughout the day preventing weaker knots and overall diminished tinsel strength. Finally a continuous third layer is applied which creates smooth, consistent, and reliable material.
All of Umpqua's X rated tippet includes a custom Umpqua ProBand to keep tippet tightly wound on the spool, ready for action at a moments notice.
Umpqua Perform X: The Holy Grail of Nylon Tippet Strength & Suppleness
Why Use Umpqua's Nylon?
Nylon tippet offers unique advantages to anglers.
- Is softer and more flexible than fluorocarbon
- Nylon has a good knot strength
- Floats high on the surface, best for dry fly fishing
- More elastic than fluorocarbon
- Common knots can be used with good results
- Attractively priced