2018 Q4 Conservation Project
Q4 / 2018:Conservation Partner Project
THE MULE DEER FOUNDATION: ENSURING THE CONSERVATION OF MULE DEER, BLACK-TAILED DEER AND THEIR HABITAT.
Time left to make a purchase to benefit this project
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
With basin + bend, contributing to conservation is easy! That's because we leverage commerce for conservation. By simply purchasing your favorite hunting and fishing gear from basin + bend (at the same price you would at any other retailer) you'll be supporting this partner and provide much needed funds to the project. Instead of donating an unknown "portion of the profits" to a conservation effort, we show you exactly how much is going to be donated to this specific project.
ABOUT THE CONSERVATION PARTNER:
FOUNDED IN 1988, THE PURPOSE OF THE MULE DEER FOUNDATION IS TO ENSURE THE CONSERVATION OF MULE DEER, BLACK-TAILED DEER AND THEIR HABITAT.
Mule deer are the only big game species in North America on the decline. We understand the challenges and threats to deer and their habitat. And we know that hunter access, hunting opportunity and the future of hunting are also threatened. Mule Deer Foundation programs, partners and projects are successful because MDF members stand together in this fight.
The Mule Deer Foundation has grown from just a dream of Emmett Burroughs, into one of the leading wildlife conservation groups in North America. MDF is putting hundreds of thousands of dollars on the ground each year (over $50 million since it's inception in 1988), which are directly helping mule deer.
MDF is dedicated to the following goals:
- To restore, improve and protect mule deer habitat (including land and easement acquisitions) resulting in self-sustaining, healthy, free ranging and huntable deer populations.
- To encourage and support responsible wildlife management with government agencies, private organizations and landowners.
- To promote public education and scientific research related to mule deer and wildlife management.
- To support and encourage responsible and ethical behavior and awareness of issues among those whose actions affect mule deer.
- To support regulated hunting as a viable component of mule deer and black-tailed deer conservation.
- To develop programs that focus on recruitment and retention of youth into the shooting sports and conservation.
Through the Mule Deer Foundation Stewardship Program and in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management, the Copper Spur Habitat Enhancement project will improve sagebrush
habitat for Sage Grouse and Big Game within this Colorado area.
The Copper Spur treatment consists of treating 456 acres of pinyon-juniper trees that have overtime encroached on valuable sagebrush shrublands. With this habitat enhancement, mule deer, sage grouse and other big game animals will be provided vegetation in which they can flourish.
Location: This habitat enhancement project is located in the North-Central portion of Colorado at the end of Copper Spur Road between Bond, CO and McCoy, CO.
Project Start Date: This habitat enhancement project will be implemented during the summer of 2019.
READY TO PUT CONSERVATION FIRST?
Many of your favorite fishing, hunting and outdoor brands have already joined our Conservation First™ program. Take a look at our online store and we are sure you'll find something that you've already been eyeing!