Fishpond’s Castaway Roll Top Gear Bag is made just for fly fishermen who need a smaller waterproof bag for cameras, cell phones, billfolds and other items that are sensitive to moisture.
The Castaway is relatively small compared to some of the beasts made by Fishpond. It fits neatly in hatches on guide boats, or in your canoe or kayak. One really important feature, other than being completely waterproof, is the fact that it has a padded and removable interior with dividers.
The Castaway can be packed flat in your luggage, another important feature for the traveling angler.
The Castaway is made from 420 Denier Recycled Nylon, then coated with Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), with welded seams. It won’t leak. The roll top system, used by Fishpond on many other pieces, is a sure fire, leak-proof method, of sealing watertight bags.
It features an interior top pouch with zipper access. The Castaway also includes two removable interior clear pockets. There are several exterior attachment points for rod tube straps or other items you may want to keep handy. Fishpond’s signature molded bottom provides rigid support and durability.
Dimensions are 13.5” x 10” x 9” or 12L/732 cubic inches.
- 420D Recycled Nylon Fabric
- TPU welded fabric construction
- Roll top design for added security
- Removable padded interior with dual dividers for organization that can pack flat for travel
- Interior top pouch with two-sided zipper access
- Dual removable interior clear pockets
- Jacquard top grab handle
- Exterior attachment points for rod tube straps or other tools
- Signature molded bottom