The spool, which is completely interchangeable with the Lamson Liquid fly reel, is pressure cast with radiused compound curves, inside corners that come close to near zero-radius, and a durable finish. Even though the spool is cast, it has a very precise fit with the frame. The U-Shape arbor of the spool keeps line from getting wrapped by pushing it to the center of the spool.
If you're looking for a fly reel under $200, the Lamson Remix is a solid choice. By taking advantage of using pressure-cast technology in the right places, but still utilizing American CNC machining where it's critical, the Remix brings together the best of both technologies.
In addition to the Made in America reel frame, all of the critical drag components of the sealed Conical Drag system are also machined in Idaho.
Just like its fully cast brother the Lamson Liquid, the Remix is fully assembled in Boise by Waterworks-Lamson's skilled team of professionals.
In summary, if you are looking for a fly reel that offers the high performance of $400+ reels, is extremely reliable, and can take the abuse the river throws at it, the Remix is your choice.
Lamson Remix Features
- Fly Reel Format: Large Arbor
- Reel Materials: US Made Machined 6061 Aluminum frame, Pressure Cast Aluminum Spool
- Reel Finish: Type 2 Anodized Frame, Polyurethane coating on spools
- Reel Drag: Like all Waterworks-Lamson reels, it features the tried and true Sealed Conical Drag
- Made in America: 80% of the Remix is manufactured in the U.S., but it is 100% Idaho built
- Weight: 0.8 lbs
- Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 4 in
||100 yds 20#
||100 yds 20#
||200 yds 20#
||250 yds 30#